Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse has broken The Box Office record For Sony Pictures Animation, grossing over $607 million Worldwide. The animated Film surpassed The previous record holder, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, which grossed $528.8 million in 2018.
Across the Spider-Verse is The sequel To The 2018 Academy Award-winning Film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. The film follows Miles Morales as he travels To different Universes To team up with Other Spider-People. The film has been praised For its animation, voice acting, And story.
The success Of Across the Spider-Verse is a Major win For Sony Pictures Animation. The Studio has been struggling To Find success in recent years, with films like The Emoji Movie And UglyDolls underperforming at The Box Office. However, Across the Spider-Verse has shown That Sony Pictures Animation is still capable Of producing high-quality Films That can connect with Audiences.
The success Of Across the Spider-Verse is Also a good sign For The Future Of The Spider-Verse Franchise. The film has Already been greenlit For a Third installment, And There are plans For a Television Series as well. It seems likely That The Spider-Verse will continue To be a successful Franchise For Sony Pictures Animation For years To come.
Here are some additional details
- Across the Spider-Verse was Released in Theaters on December 2, 2022.
- The Film has been praised by critics, with a Rotten Tomatoes score of 97%.
- The film has been a Box Office success, grossing Over $607 million Worldwide.
- The film is The sequel To The 2018 film Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
- The film follows Miles Morales as he travels to different Universes To team up with other Spider-People.
- The Film has been greenlit for a Third installment.